In honor of Earth Day on April 22nd we’re going to be sharing sustainability tips and facts throughout the month of April to showcase how tenants can take steps to be more sustainable and highlight some of our existing sustainability initiatives.
Sustainability is at the forefront of everyone’s mind and for Terracon, it’s been a part of how we imagine our parks since the beginning. In honor of Earth Day, here are some things you may (or may not) know about Terracon and our business parks
- We raise and re-plant trees from our own tree farms. This year 800 trees will be planted that will one day call our business parks home.
- Our parks are irrigated with a reclaimed water system. Water is collected in our retention ponds through melting snow, rain, and run off water thanks to our thoughtfully designed slopes. This water is then circulated throughout the park.
- Between all of our business parks we have over 100 acres of green space, which helps keep the park cooler. Concrete reflects more heat when the sun hits it which in turn makes the surrounding air warmer.
- Terracon looks out for abnormalities in tenants water usage when we receive water readings. This helps identify potential issues that could be resulting in higher water usage.
- All of our exterior building lighting is energy-efficient LED lights
We’ve always put emphasis on the environments where we spend our time. Our expansive green spaces have become synonymous with who we are – and it’s something we continue to be proud of.